Applications for the 2020 Cohort of the Growth Africa Accelerator Programme is now open. The programme is designed to help you scale your business, make it investment ready while developing your entrepreneurial acumen and leadership skills. The aim of the programme’s first 6 months is to build a thorough understanding of all components of your business, internal and external realities, and their interdependencies, identifying your challenges to growth.
The initial phase of the programme consists of 19 workshop-days across 6 months. Each workshop is followed up by in-company support by the Growth Africa team and mentors who assist you develop a deeper understanding of your business, help you to identify and articulate growth challenges, and aid in crafting strategic and innovative responses to these challenges – your growth plan.
- Number of positions: 80.
- Duration: The programme runs for 12 months divided in two 6 months phases.
- Target group: Open to ambitious and committed entrepreneurs in Kenya, Uganda, Ethiopia, Zambia, and Ghana to be part of the 2020 cohort.
Growth Africa Accelerator Programme Benefits
Selected businesses for the Growth Africa Accelerator Programme will be provided with the following benefits:
- Growth strategy: Led by experienced facilitators, leveraging our proprietary process and learning methodology, we focus on solutions that leads to an increase in your revenue, profits and impact
- Bespoke in-company support:Get individualized and tailored in-company support from the most qualified team who will walk you through and support you in your business journey
- Access and fellowship with quality peers across Africa: Connect and benefit from peer-to-peer learning and networking with like-minded entrepreneurs across Africa
- Investment support:Receive support in identification of, access to and engagement with potential and relevant investors
- Access to mentors and industry-subject experts: You will have access to Pan-African mentors/experts who will offer you advice and be your sounding board
- Financial modelling: Support in build a financial model for your business growth and investment
- Leadership: Acquire skills and tools to develop stronger entrepreneurial leadership
Growth Africa Accelerator Programme Eligibility
The programme is open for entrepreneurs who has businesses that meet following criteria.
- For profit, post revenue business
- Full time and dedicated core team
- Existed for 2 years or more
- Dedicated full time founding team
- Turnover of USD 50,000 plus
- Open to raising external investment
Programme Focus Area
The Growth Africa Accelerator Programme is open to all sectors but have a soft spot for:
- IT/mobile solutions/Tech enabled businesses
- Financial services and Fintech
- Renewable energy
- Water & sanitation
- Renewable energy
Interested applicants who would like to grow their business are required to click on their corresponding apply buttons and follow instructions to apply. You can also recommend a known business that fits criteria via [email protected].
- Zambia 2020 Cohort application Apply now;
- Ethiopia 2020 Cohort application Apply now;
- Uganda 2020 Cohort application Apply now;
- Kenya 2020 Cohort application Apply now;
- Ghana 2020 Cohort application Apply now.
The application deadline is December 1st, 2019. For more detail on the Growth Africa Accelerator Programme, please download the Application Package and visit the official page.