The David Johnston International Experience Awards were established through the generous support of the Joseph and Wolf Lebovic Foundation in honor of former Waterloo President David Johnston, as a lasting tribute to his 11-year service to this university and in recognition of his passion for international opportunities for students.
Several awards are provided annually to full-time undergraduate and graduate students in any Faculty who participate in an international experience in Israel, including a minimally-paid or volunteer co-op work placement, a volunteer placement, or a study term related to academic requirements. Award selection will take place once per term. Students should apply as soon as they are able to confirm the details of their intended experience.
- Host Institution: The University of Waterloo in Canada.
- Area: Open for any program offered by the University of Waterloo.
- Number of awards: Not specified.
- Duration: one-term period.
- Target group: Open to Canadian and International students.
David Johnston International Experience Awards Benefits
The David Johnston Awards is valued at:
- up to $2,500 for a one-term study experience;
- $2,500 to $5,000 for a one-term work or volunteer experience;
- up to $10,000 for a two-term work or volunteer experience.
David Johnston International Experience Awards Eligibility
To be eligible for the Experience Awards, candidates must:
- Be a Canadian citizen/Permanent resident, International/study permit;
- Have a minimum 70% average at the undergraduate level and 75% average at the graduate level;
- Willing to study a full-time undergraduate and graduate degree program in any subject offered by the university;
- Selection based on combination of academic achievement and duration and type of the international experience.
- Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program in the USA;
- Université de Montréal International Student Scholarship;
- University of Melbourne Scholarships for Graduate Students;
- DAAD Helmut Schmidt Master Scholarship in Germany;
- Elizabeth Greenshields Scholarship at Laval University;
- Scuola Normale Superiore PhD Scholarships.
Complete the general International Experience Award Application form. Attach required documentation (refer to application form). Only submit one general form to be considered for the majority of available international experience awards, unless a specific form or process is indicated.
The deadline to submit applications is . For more details on the David Johnston International Experience Awards, please visit the official page. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.