Chang Gung University is accepting applications for fall 2022. The spring intake is only open to master and doctoral applicants while the fall intake is for all levels. All international students who apply for admission and meet the criteria will be considered for the Chang Gung University Scholarships for International Students. Admitted students shall be present at the university for registration on the date specified by the university. Admission is re-opens for international students due to large demands for admission.
This Taiwan scholarship will provide a monthly stipend along with a tuition waiver. Successful candidates will then be able to focus on their studies and finish with flying colors. Created in 1987, Chang Gung University (CGU – 長庚大學) is a private research university located in Taoyuan City, Taiwan. The university ranked 5th among 159 Taiwan universities. CGU has been one of the top 600 universities in the world according to the Academic Ranking of World Universities since 2008.
In recent years, Chang Gung University has established the campus as a global village by providing a genuine English learning environment with international faculties, modern LAB facilities, eco-friendly campus, subsidized food courts, and convenient living spaces with free shuttle bus services to downtown Guishan District. Currently, Chang Gung University consists of the College of Medicine, College of Engineering, and College of Management, and has around 6609 students.
- Host Institution: Chang Gung University in Taiwan.
- Eligible Program: Master’s and PhD Programs offered by the university.
- Number of Awards: 75 (25 for master’s applicants 50 for PhD).
- Duration: Normal duration of master and PhD programs.
- Target group: Open to all nationalities.
Chang Gung University Scholarships Benefits
Selected candidates for these university scholarships will have the following benefits:
- Tuition and miscellaneous fees or credit fees.
- Living expenses NT$ 6,000 per month for master students and NT$ 30,000 per month for PhD students. The living expenses will be paid for 10 months each year.
- Extra scholarship for outstanding students up to NT$ 12,000 per month. Please check the table below for more details.
- International students who have been enrolled at CGU can also apply for research assistant (RA) or teaching assistant (TA) positions from colleges or advisors.
- The scholarship for each RA recipient of master program is NT$ 4,000~12,000 per month and NT$ 8,000~24,000 per month for PhD students.
- The value of each TA scholarship recipient is NT$ 8,000~10,000 per month.
- International students (graduate degree students only; students on exchange or short-term visit are excluded) are eligible for fee waiver or reduction for accommodation in on-campus dormitories. Please click here for details of CGU dormitories and the related regulations.
Extra scholarship for outstanding students is awarded following the GRE score as shown below.
|GRE (Quantitative Reasoning) score||Extra scholarship (NT$/month)|
Those who have not met criteria upon admission but meet them before the start of the second semester after admission may retrospectively claim the scholarships of the first semester, subject to scholarship quota.
Also Check : Ursinus Gateway Scholarship to Study in the USA
Available Academic Programs
Below is the list of graduate programs that are opened for international students at the Chang Gung University for the 2021-2022 academic year. Programs followed by this * symbol are only available for master degree studies, while programs followed by this + are only open for PhD studies.
- Department of Respiratory Therapy *
- Graduate Program in Molecular Medicine for Master’s Degree (English Program) *
- International Master of Science in Reconstructive Microsurgery *
- Graduate Institute of Biomedical sciences, Division of Biochemistry
- and Molecular & Cellular Biology
- Graduate Institute of Biomedical Sciences, Division of Microbiology
- Graduate Institute of Biomedical Sciences, Division of Physiology & Pharmacology
- Graduate Institute of Biomedical Sciences, Division of Biotechnology +
- Graduate Institute of Biomedical Sciences, Division of Natural Products +
- Department of Medical Imaging and Radiological Sciences
- Graduate Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Science *
- School of Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Graduate Institute of Natural Products *
- Graduate Institute of Rehabilitation Science, School of Physical Therapy
- School of Nursing
- Graduate Institute of Early Intervention *
- Department of Occupational Therapy, Graduate Institute of Behavioral Sciences, Division of Occupational Therapy *
- Department of Chemical and Materials Engineering
- Graduate Institute of Electro-Optical Engineering *
- Graduate Institute of Biomedical Engineering
- Department of Electrical Engineering
- Department of Electronic Engineering
- Department of Computer Science and Information Engineering
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Master’s Program in Nano-Electronic Engineering and Design (NEED) *
- Department of Industrial & Business Management *
- Department of Industrial Design *
- Department of Information Management *
- School of Business (MBA) *
- Graduate Institute of Business and Management +.
Chang Gung University Scholarships Eligibility
To apply for this Asia scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Hold a citizenship of any country other than Taiwan.
- Be healthy both physically and mentally.
- Master’s degree program applicants should hold a Bachelor’s degree.
- Doctoral degree program applicants should have a Master’s degree.
- Not be recipients of any other scholarships at the same time.
- An applicant with a physician or dentist undergraduate degree is eligible to apply for the Master degree program of Dental and Craniofacial Science.
- At least one year of clinical or nursing teaching experience is required for admission to the master’s programs in the School of Nursing.
- Meet the following language requirements:
|Score (Masters Prog.)||Score (PhD Prog.)|
|TOEFL ITP||500 or above||score 523 or above|
|TOEFL iBT||61 or above||69 or above|
|TOEIC||650 or above||700 or above|
|IELTS||5.0 or above||5.5 or above|
|FLPT-English||Average 65||total score 240 in the three written tests|
|Linguaskill Business||145 or above||160 or above|
The most up-to-date version of the “MOE Regulations Regarding International Students Undertaking Studies in Taiwan” can be found on the Ministry of Education (MOE) website.
- NTHU International Student Scholarship to study in Taiwan;
- NTUST International Student Scholarship;
- KAUST Scholarship for Master and PhD Students.
How to Apply for the Chang Gung University Scholarships
Those who would like to apply for this Taiwan scholarship should register an account and fill in the application form step by step online (Please click on the apply button below to access the form). Furthermore, applicants should upload all the required documents & Submit. All required documents must be uploaded and submitted before the online application deadline.
For more details on required documents, please contact the university. Late, ineligible or incomplete applications will NOT be processed. No application fee is required. For more information related to application and admission, please contact the Admission Section, Office of Academic Affairs, CGU by email on [email protected] or by phone on Tel: 886-3-2118800 ext. 5592.
The application for fall intake has reopened and the new deadline is 23:59 – GMT+8. For more details on the Chang Gung University Scholarships for International Students, please visit the official page. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.