Applications for the A*STAR Computing and Information Science Scholarship Program are currently being accepted. The ACIS scholarship aims to attract top talents to pursue a PhD in computing and information science (CIS) disciplines at best educational institutions in Singapore.
ACIS Scholars will have invaluable opportunities to research real-world issues across the whole spectrum of computing science, from deep learning for healthcare, data analytics for improved machine learning, to modeling and simulation for advanced applications. Scholars will be working hand-in-hand with autonomous universities, government agencies, and top global companies that are collaborating with A*STAR.
After graduation, non-Singaporeans will have a 3-year service commitment in Singapore-based companies^ without commitment to any specific organization. The area of work should preferably be in CIS disciplines. Singapore-based companies refer to local companies and international companies that have a base in Singapore and which is registered with the Accounting & Corporate Regulatory Authority (ACRA).
- Host Institution: Nanyang Technological University (NTU), National University of Singapore (NUS), Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD) or Singapore Management University (SMU), all in Singapore.
- Field of Study: Computing and Information Science.
- Number of awards: Not specified.
- Duration: Up to four years.
- Target group: Open to Singaporeans and other nationals intending to take up Singapore citizenship.
A*STAR Computing and Information Science Scholarship Benefits
This scholarship is fully funded and successful applicants will be given the following benefits for up to four years:
- Full tuition fees
- Monthly sustenance allowance and CPF contribution (where applicable) based on the prevailing employer’s contribution rate
|Monthly Sustenance Allowance||Amount|
|For Singapore Citizens||S$5,800|
|For Singapore Permanent Citizens||S$4,800|
|For Non-Singapore Citizens||S$4,550|
- Other allowances including:
- Book allowance
- Computer allowance
- Conference allowance
- Miscellaneous allowance
- Thesis allowance
- Support for up to 12 months of overseas attachment
A*STAR Computing and Information Science Scholarship Eligibility
The A*STAR Computing and Information Science Scholarship welcomes applications from candidates of the following status:
- Singaporeans and other nationals welcome to apply
- Non-Singaporeans must have completed a degree in a Singapore autonomous university
- Satisfy the criteria for and gain admission to a PhD programme* in one of the following schools:
- NTU School of Computer Science and Engineering
- NUS School of Computing
- SMU School of Information Systems
- SUTD Information Systems Technology and Design Pillar
- Have obtained at least a 2nd Upper Class Honours degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline
- Have strong interest to pursue a CIS research career in industry R&D labs, technology enterprises, spin-off companies and/or academia.
Applicants for thematic programs who are applying for or have gained admission to schools/departments other than the 4 specified CIS schools may be considered for the ACIS Scholarship if their Ph.D. project is in CIS, on a case-by-case basis. The above eligibility criteria are not exhaustive. A*STAR may include additional selection criteria based on prevailing scholarship policies. These policies may be amended from time to time without notice.
- Top 30 Government Scholarships (Currently Open);
- Top 32 Fully Funded Scholarships (Currently Open);
- Top 30 Scholarships to Study in China and Taiwan (Currently Open);
- CSC scholarships.
Those who would like to apply for this government scholarship need to click on the apply button below and follow instructions to submit their applications.
- Applicants should concurrently apply for PhD admission to their intended university.
- Applicants may submit GRE scores (if available) to be included in the overall assessment of their scholarship application.
- The application cycle is aligned to the university admission intakes in August or January each year, as follows.
|Admission Intake||Last day for submission of online application with complete set of supporting documents|
|August 2022||February 1, 2022|
Post-doctoral Opportunity: ACIS scholars are eligible to apply for the A*STAR International Fellowship, which provides up to 2 years of funding support for post-doctoral training in a top overseas laboratory or institution.
The next application deadline is . Please visit the official website for more info on the A*STAR Computing and Information Science Scholarship. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.