Applications for the A*STAR Computing and Information Science Scholarship Program are currently being accepted. The ACIS scholarship aims to attract top talents to pursue a PhD in computing and information science (CIS) disciplines at the best educational institutions in Singapore.
ACIS Scholars will have invaluable opportunities to research real-world issues across the whole spectrum of computing science, from deep learning for healthcare, data analytics for improved machine learning, to modeling and simulation for advanced applications. Scholars will be working hand-in-hand with autonomous universities, government agencies, and top global companies that are collaborating with A*STAR.
After graduation, non-Singaporeans will have a 3-year service commitment in Singapore-based companies without commitment to any specific organization. The area of work should preferably be in CIS disciplines. Singapore-based companies refer to local companies and international companies that have a base in Singapore and which are registered with the Accounting & Corporate Regulatory Authority (ACRA).
- Host Institution: Nanyang Technological University (NTU), National University of Singapore (NUS), Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD) or Singapore Management University (SMU), all in Singapore.
- Field of Study: Computing and Information Science.
- Number of awards: Not specified.
- Duration: Up to four years.
- Target group: Open to Singaporeans and other nationals intending to take up Singapore citizenship.
A*STAR Computing and Information Science Scholarship Benefits
This scholarship is fully funded and successful applicants will be given the following benefits for up to four years:
- Full tuition fees
- Monthly sustenance allowance and CPF contribution (where applicable) based on the prevailing employer’s contribution rate
|Monthly Sustenance Allowance||Amount|
|For Singapore Citizens||S$5,800|
|For Singapore Permanent Citizens||S$4,800|
|For Non-Singapore Citizens||S$4,550|
- Other allowances including:
- Book allowance
- Computer allowance
- Conference allowance
- Miscellaneous allowance
- Thesis allowance
- Support for up to 12 months of overseas attachment
A*STAR Computing and Information Science Scholarship Eligibility
The A*STAR Computing and Information Science scholarship welcomes applications who have the following profile:
- Singaporeans and other nationals are welcome to apply
- Non-Singaporeans must have completed or are on track to complete a degree in a Singapore autonomous university
- Satisfy the criteria for and gain admission to a PhD programme in one of the following schools:
- NTU School of Computer Science and Engineering
- NUS School of Computing
- SMU School of Information Systems
- SUTD Information Systems Technology and Design Pillar
- Have obtained at least a 2nd Upper Class Honours degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline
- Have strong interest to pursue a CIS research career in industry R&D labs, technology enterprises, spin-off companies, and/or academia
- Applicants who are in the last semester of their final year of undergraduate studies are welcome to apply; however, successful candidates will only be awarded the scholarship if they obtain at least a 2nd Upper-Class Honours or equivalent results that meet A*STAR’s requirements.
Note : Applicants for thematic programs who are applying for or have gained admission to schools/departments other than the 4 specified CIS schools may be considered for the ACIS Scholarship if their PhD project is in CIS, on a case-by-case basis. The above eligibility criteria are not exhaustive. A*STAR may include additional selection criteria based on prevailing scholarship policies. These policies may be amended from time to time without notice.
- Ghent University PhD Scholarship for Developing Countries;
- Heinrich Böll Foundation scholarships in Germany;
- Chinese Government Scholarship at HIT.
How to Apply for the A*STAR Computing and Information Science Scholarship?
Those who would like to apply for this government scholarship need to click on the apply button below and follow the instructions to submit their applications.
- Applicants should concurrently apply for PhD admission to their intended university.
- Applicants may submit GRE scores (if available) to be included in the overall assessment of their scholarship application.
Note : ACIS scholars are eligible to apply for the A*STAR International Fellowship, which provides up to 2 years of funding support for post-doctoral training in a top overseas laboratory or institution.
The next application deadline is . Please visit the official website for more info on the A*STAR Computing and Information Science Scholarship. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.