Applications for the A*STAR Computing and Information Science Scholarship Program are currently being accepted. The ACIS scholarship aims to attract top talents to pursue a PhD in computing and information science (CIS) disciplines at best educational institutions in Singapore.
ACIS Scholars will have invaluable opportunities to research on real-world issues across the whole spectrum of computing science, from deep learning for healthcare, data analytics for improved machine learning, to modelling and simulation for advanced applications. Scholars will be working hand-in-hand with autonomous universities, government agencies and top global companies that are collaborating with A*STAR.
- Host Institution: Nanyang Technological University (NTU), National University of Singapore (NUS), Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD) or Singapore Management University (SMU), all in Singapore.
- Field of Study: Computing and Information Science.
- Number of awards: Not specified.
- Duration: Up to four years.
- Target group: Open to Singaporeans and other nationals intending to take up Singapore citizenship.
A*STAR Computing and Information Science Scholarship Benefits
Successful applicants will be given the following benefits for up to four years:
- Full tuition fees
- Monthly sustenance allowance and CPF contribution (where applicable) based on the prevailing employer’s contribution rate
|Monthly Sustenance Allowance||Amount|
|For Singapore Citizens||S$5,000|
|For Singapore Permanent Citizens||S$4,000|
|For Non-Singapore Citizens||S$3,750|
- Other allowances including:
- Book allowance
- Computer allowance
- Conference allowance
- Miscellaneous allowance
- Thesis allowance
- Support for up to 12 months of overseas attachment
A*STAR Computing and Information Science Scholarship Eligibility
The A*STAR Computing and Information Science Scholarship welcomes applications from candidates of the following status:
- Be Singaporeans or other nationals intending to take up Singapore citizenship
- Satisfy the criteria for and gain admission to a PhD programme in one of the following schools:
- NTU School of Computer Science and Engineering
- NUS School of Computing
- SMU School of Information Systems
- SUTD Information Systems Technology and Design Pillar
- Have obtained at least a 2nd Upper Class Honours degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline
- Have strong interest to pursue a CIS research career in industry R&D labs, technology enterprises, spin-off companies and/or academia
Note: Applicants for thematic programmes who are applying for or have gained admission to schools/departments other than the 4 specified CIS schools may be considered for the ACIS Scholarship if their PhD project is in CIS, on a case-by-case basis.
- Artificial Intelligence & Deep Learning (I2R)
- Big Data Analytics (I2R)
- Complex Systems (SIMTech)
- Industrial Internet of Things (I2R)
- Video & Image Analytics (I2R)
- University of Calgary International Entrance Scholarship;
- Special Scholarship Program at Kochi University of Technology;
- Université de Montréal International Student Scholarship;
- Learn Africa Scholarship Program for African women;
- DRD Scholarships for Sub-Saharan Africans with SA-GER CDR;
- Elizabeth Greenshields Scholarship at Laval University;
- Japan-WCO Human Resource Development Scholarship.
Those who would like to apply for the A*STAR Computing and Information Science Scholarship, need to click on the apply button below and follow instructions to submit their applications.
- Applicants should concurrently apply PhD admission to their intended university.
- Applicants may submit GRE scores (if available) to be included in the overall assessment of their scholarship application.
- The application cycle is aligned to the university admission intakes in August or January each year, as follows.
|Admission Intake||Last day for submission of online application with complete set of supporting documents|
|August 2020||February 1st, 2020|
The next application deadline is . Please visit the official website for more info on the A*STAR Computing and Information Science Scholarship. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.