The Alibaba eFounders Fellowship Class 9 program provides first-hand exposure to eCommerce and digital innovations, access to business leaders across Alibaba and China, as well as an opportunity to connect with like-minded, leading entrepreneurs in your region. The fellowship is a community of passionate and successful “Champions for the New Economy” looking to inspire and create a more inclusive development model for all.
The eFounders Fellowship program is jointly organized by Alibaba Business School and the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD), who are implementing the Sustainable Development Goals for 2030.
- Event: eFounders Fellowship.
- Date: June 7th – 17th, 2020.
- Number of Awards: Not specified.
- Venue: Hangzhou, China.
- Eligible Countries: Open to entrepreneurs in Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Ethiopia, Rwanda, Botswana, South Africa.
Alibaba eFounders Fellowship Class 9 Benefits
Selected candidates for the eFounders Fellowship programme will have the following benefits:
- The key factors in Alibaba’s long-term success;
- The defining moments and failures that have shaped Alibaba’s journey (including the early stages of development);
- An understanding of Alibaba’s ecosystem;
- Field trip and site visit transportation costs;
- Small daily living allowance of 30 RMB/day.
Not covered (costs you must personally cover):
- Air tickets and transportation/pick-up services to and from Hangzhou, China;
- Hotel accommodation;
- Additional food or personal expenses.
You may also be eligible for the:
- CREATE DAV Summer School In Canada;
- Tony Elumelu Foundation Entrepreneurship Programme;
- Estonian Government Scholarship For Short Courses;
- Volunteers For Beijing 2022 Olympic And Paralympic Winter Games.
Alibaba eFounders Fellowship Class 9 Eligibility
Alibaba eFounders Fellowship Class 9 welcomes entrepreneurs who are:
- Authentic, open-minded and altruistic leaders of the ‘new economy;
- Building enterprises for long-term success, not for short-term profit;
- Mission-driven and have a strong sense of purpose, integrity, vision and drive;
- Willing to learn and share their experiences and ideas;
- MUST be a founder or co-founder of an officially registered digital venture that has been in operation for at least 2 years;
- Your venture MUST be headquartered, located in or operates in one of the following countries: Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Ethiopia, Rwanda, Botswana, South Africa;
- MUST provide at least 1 referral in your application (referrals from a partner/organizer/eFounders Fellow are preferred);
- MUST provide your official business license when requested during the application process;
- Entrepreneurs below 35 years old, female entrepreneurs, and target country locals are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applications for the Alibaba eFounders Fellowship Class 9 are NOW OPEN. Please click on the apply button below and follow instructions to apply. The deadline for applications is . For more detail, please visit the official page.