The aim of the Science Technology Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) Prize Competition is to raise awareness on the importance of STEM to an economy and encourage more youths to get into careers in STEM, consequently, building a foundation for Cameroon’s 2035 vision to be achieved.
Science and technology are becoming the most pervasive forces in our global economy and modern society. In other words, the growth and ultimately the success of any economy in these modern times depend heavily on their investment and improvement in the fields of science and technology.
- Number of Awards: 3.
- Target groupe: Open to citizens of CEMAC countries.
About the Prize:
5,000,000 FCFA (approximately $10,000 US Dollars) will be awarded in prizes and will be distributed as follows:
- Winning team: 1,500,000 FCFA (≈$2,400 USD)
- 1stRunner Up: 1,000,000 FCFA (≈ $1,600 USD)
- 2ndRunner Up: 750,000 FCFA (≈ $1,200 USD)
- Other individual prizes: 1,750,000 FCFA (≈ $ 2,800 USD)
The Foundation will work with all winning teams to get their projects up and running.
To be eligible for the Science Technology Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) Prize Competition, applicants must:
- be between the ages of 13 and 21 years old
- be citizens of CEMAC countries (Cameroon, Chad, Central Africa Republic, Congo, Gabon and Equatorial Guinea).
- An application must be made by a team or group of at least 2 people or at most 5 people.
Project proposals will follow the outline below:
- Names and Community(ies) of applicants
- Title of project
- Identification and elaboration of community problem
- Proposed solution and illicit method of solving problem based on recommendations
- Budget Planning
- Partners and timeframe of project realisation
- Evaluation of project.
Please click on the “Click to Apply” button below to apply. For more details please visit the official page.