Applications are currently being received for the Pierre Borgeat Fund Scholarship on Arthritis and Rheumatic Diseases (FRAMR). The scholarship is offered by the Pierre Borgeat Fund in collaboration with Laval University (Quebec – Canada) to support local and foreign students wishing to pursue a Master’s degree or a doctoral degree in medicine.
This scholarship to study in Canada will be granted to students who meet eligibility criteria and have made research proposals relevant to the field of arthritis and rheumatic diseases.
Several scholarships of $7,500 (For master’s students) and $10,000 (For doctoral students) will be awarded. The number of scholarships offered annually depends on the funds available.
- Host institution: Laval University, Quebec – Canada.
- Fields of study: master’s and doctorate programs at the Faculty of Medicine.
- Number of scholarships: The number of scholarships offered annually depends on the funds available.
- Duration: one year.
- Eligible countries: open to all nationalities.
Pierre Borgeat Fund Scholarship Benefits
Applicants selected for the scholarship will receive the following benefits:
- For master students, the scholarship is $7,500 each.
- For doctoral students, the scholarship is $10,000 each.
- The above scholarships must be matched with equivalent scholarships offered by the research director, the Arthritis Society of Canada/CAN, a research center, or a hospital foundation.
- However, they cannot be combined with a scholarship obtained from a granting agency or another recruiting scholarship from Université Laval.
Pierre Borgeat Fund Scholarship Eligibility
To be eligible for the scholarship, candidates must satisfy the criteria below.
- Have applied for admission or been enrolled in a Master’s degree program of the Faculty of Medicine for two sessions or less;
- Have applied for admission or been enrolled for the first time in a doctoral program (Ph.D.) in the Faculty of Medicine for four sessions or less;
- Not be a recipient of a nominative scholarship from a granting body at the time the Pierer Borgeat Fund scholarship takes effect;
- Propose a research project relevant to the field of arthritis and rheumatic diseases.
- Mohamed Bin Zayed University Scholarship in Artificial Intelligence;
- Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships (Vanier CGS);
- KAUST Scholarship for Master and PhD Students.
How to Apply for the Pierre Borgeat Fund Scholarship
To Apply for this university scholarship, applicants must follow the steps below to submit their applications to the Canada scholarship program.
- Provide a duly completed copy of a master’s scholarship application form from a recognized granting agency (Fonds de la recherche en santé du Québec (FRSQ), Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR), or the Society Arthritis of Canada) OR provide transcripts and CV;
- A letter of relevance from the research project whose theme must imperatively target arthritis, in particular the immunobiological aspect of systemic autoimmune rheumatic diseases, microcrystalline arthritis, or osteoarthritis;
- A letter of support from the research director, giving his appreciation of the candidate and specifying the source of the scholarship offered in matching with that of the Pierre Borgeat Fund;
- Send a copy of the file to the following addresses [email protected] and [email protected].
For all inquiries, please contact the scholarship section by email at [email protected].
The deadline to submit applications is . For more details on the Pierre Borgeat Fund Scholarship on Arthritis and Rheumatic Diseases, please visit the official page. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.