Applications are now opened for the Government of Taiwan Fellowships. The scholarship is fully funded and available for foreign experts and scholars interested in researches related to Taiwan, cross-strait relations, Asia-Pacific region and Sinology.
Established by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA), the MOFA Taiwan Fellowship is fully funded and will be awarded to foreign nationals for a period of 3 to 12 months. Fellowships are tenable at Universities and academic institutions in Taiwan.
Up to now, there have been 934 scholars from 78 countries being accepted by this program. Recipients will conduct their research in Taiwan as early as January the next year.
- Host institution: Universities and academic institutions in Taiwan.
- Research Area: A scholar’s field of study should be in the social sciences and humanities, with a topic related to Taiwan, cross-strait relations, mainland China, the Asia Pacific, and Sinology.
- Number Awards: Not specified.
- Duration: 3 to 12 months.
- Eligible countries: Open to all nationalities.
Government of Taiwan Fellowships Benefits
Selected applicants will have the following benefits:
- Monthly grants are paid at the beginning of every month.
- Professors, associate professors, research fellows, or associate research fellows: NT$60,000.
- Assistant professors, assistant research fellows, or doctoral candidates: NT$50,000.
- One round-trip, economy-class ticket for the most direct route to Taiwan (The subsidy will be decided by MOFA in accordance with the relevant regulations).
- The terms of fellowship are 3 to 12 months.
- Accident insurance (plus a medical insurance for accidental injuries) coverage of NT$1 million.
Government of Taiwan Fellowships Eligibility
To apply for the MOFA Taiwan fellowship, candidates shall be foreign professors, associate professors, assistant professors, post-doctoral researchers, doctoral candidates, or doctoral program students at related departments of overseas universities, or are research fellows at an equivalent level in academic institutions abroad.
- University of Brunei Darussalam Scholarships for Masters & PhD;
- Central South University Scholarship for International Students;
- Australia Awards Scholarships for Development;
- Schwarzman Scholars program at Tsinghua University;
- SUSTech Integrated Master-PhD and PhD Scholarships;
- University of Jinan Scholarship for International Students.
Interested applicants should first click on the apply button below to submit an on-line application form and then submit the following documents to the ROC Embassy or Representative Office in or nearest to their country of residence, as appropriate, for preliminary review.
- Application form;
- Resume (including a publication list);
- Research proposal (Three pages in principle using a standard research format); and
- Two letters of recommendation, or one letter of recommendation and one letter of consent from the chief administrator of their institute.
The deadline to submit application is . For more detail on the 2020-2021 Government of Taiwan Fellowships, please visit the official page. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.