Euromena Consulting is organizing for the third consecutive year the Euromena Awards, a start-up competition dedicated to local and innovative entrepreneurs. After Abidjan in Côte d’Ivoire in 2017 and Beirut in Lebanon in 2018, the competition will take place in Dakar, Senegal, this year, for the return of the Sub-Saharan Africa Edition.
Convinced that Africa is a fount of talent and ideas, Euromena Consulting carries out the vast majority of its missions there and is now a real connoisseur of the challenges of entrepreneurship on this continent.
The Euromena Awards welcome startups that aim to resolve a specific challenge or problem, and that include social impact as part of their business’ core values. They can be aligned with any of the below themes: Education, Culture, Health, Financial inclusion, Environment, Social and economic development.
- Event: Euromena Awards 2019.
- Themes: Education, Culture, Health, Financial inclusion, Environment, Social and economic development.
- Number of awards: Three (3) prizes (the winner, 2nd place and 3rd place).
- Date: December 12th, 2019 in Dakar, Senegal.
- Target group: Open to All Nationalities. However, the business must be based in a sub-saharan country.
The winner of the Euromena Awards will have the following benefits:
- 6 months of customized, high quality business consulting support including coaching, mentorship, and advisory services adapted to the winner’s needs, valued at 100 000€
- Networking, exposure and access through Euromena Consulting’s vast existing network of key stakeholders across the sub-saharan countries
- Local and regional engagement with partners, clients and beneficiaries through access to Euromena Consulting events and opportunities
- For the winner: €5,000
- For the 2nd place: €3,000
- For the 3rd place: €2,000.
To be eligible for the Euromena Awards, All applicants must:
- be in “startup” mode and seeking to expand or scale-up
- respond to a clear social impact, whereby an intentional positive outcome is meant to solve a certain social challenge or problem
- involve a team of at least 2 members
- use technology either as a tool or as an end product or service
- demonstrate economic viability
- have a fully working product/service that has already been produced/launched
- be based in one of the following eligible countries, that is sub-saharan country.
The jury members will select the finalists based on the following main criteria:
- Quality of idea – level of innovation, level of competitiveness, use of technology
- Quality of product/service – clarity of ideas, scalability
- Quality of business model – clarity of vision, clarity of approach, sustainability
- Quality of management/leadershipip – educational/professional backgrounds, team organization and division of tasks
- Level of impact – evaluation of the level of impact on surrounding society or environment
- Feasibility – social and economic.
Please submit your application by clicking here or the apply button and following instructions. For more detail on the Euromena Awards, please visit the official page.