The Deloitte OYW Scholarship for One Young World Summit 2020 is opened for applications. Education is the cornerstone of sustainable development. There are currently 1.8 billion young people (aged 10-24) worldwide and over half of this population will not have the skills necessary to participate in the emerging global workforce.
The United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) clearly recognize that this gap must be closed, as the international community more explicitly addresses the challenges of quality and equity in education. Deloitte One Young World Scholarship is intended for young leaders focused on improving the education, skills, and access to opportunity for people in their communities, countries, or world at large.
- Event: One Young World Summit.
- Number of awards: 10.
- Date: 13-17 October 2020.
- Venue: Munich, Germany.
- Eligible countries: Open to all nationalities.
Deloitte OYW Scholarship Benefits
Selected candidates for the Deloitte OYW Scholarship for One Young World Summit will have the following benefits:
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2020 in Munich ;
- Hotel accommodation in a private room between 13 and 17 (inclusive) October, 2020 ;
- The cost of travel to and from Munich (economy class) ;
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch, and dinner (provided by the hotel and during the Summit) ;
- Ground transportation between Summit venues ;
- Participation in Deloitte-hosted sessions for their delegation in the lead-up to and during the Summit, and a Deloitte “buddy.”
- Evidenced commitment to delivering positive change
- Demonstrated capacity for leadership
- Understanding of key local and/or global issues
- Track record of generating impactful and innovative solutions to address education and skills challenges
Deloitte OYW Scholarship Eligibility
To apply for the Deloitte OYW Scholarship, candidates must be:
- Nationals of all countries will be eligible to apply for this scholarship ;
- Improving access to education, skills, or employment opportunities for those that may be left behind by the rapidly changing global economy ;
- Creating skills development or lifelong learning opportunities for people to prepare for the future workforce, including in areas where there are talent shortages ;
- Accelerating entrepreneurship, new types of employment, or provide opportunities for people to overcome traditional barriers to employment.
You may also be eligible for the:
- Audi Environmental Foundation Scholarship for One Young World Summit;
- One Young World Summit Leading Scholarships;
- TWAS-CSIR Postgraduate Fellowship Programme;
- Qatar University Scholarships for National and Foreign Students;
- Japan and World Bank Scholarship for Developing Countries;
- International Academic Scholarship in Switzerland.
Eligible applicants must click on the apply button below and follow instructions to submit their applications.
Please fill out the form and submit it. Only applications written in English are accepted. If English is not your first language, consider reaching out to someone who can read through your application.
Application’s deadline is . For more detail on the Deloitte OYW Scholarship for One Young World Summit, please read Application Tips and visit the official page.