Candidates can now apply for the Prize for Innovation in Global Security by GCSP. The Prize has been created by to recognize deserving individuals or organizations that have an innovative approach to addressing international security challenges.
The prize is designed to reach across all relevant disciplines and fields. It seeks to reward the most inspiring, innovative and ground-breaking contribution of the year, whether this comes in the form of an initiative, invention, research publication, or organization.
A broad range of projects could qualify for consideration, including, but not limited to, technological and conceptual innovations, original research or grassroots initiatives.
- Organizer: Geneva Centre for Security Policy, Switzerland.
- Area: Innovation in Global Security.
- Number of awards: Not specified.
- Target group: Open to all.
Prize for Innovation in Global Security Benefits
The prize for the application coming in first position is CHF 10’000 (paid via bank transfer) and a certificate of excellence. The two other finalist applications will receive a certificate of recognition. No equivalent or alternative will be provided.
Prize for Innovation in Global Security Eligibility
The prize is awarded for a project by any individual, or group of individuals, or organization (from private or public sectors), which contributes to global security, and has been submitted for consideration according to rules and regulations. No more than one application per applicant is allowed.
Applications may come from any country, but the project should go beyond national borders in its reach or thinking, and must seek to address global security in innovative ways or through new ideas. A broad range of projects could qualify for consideration, including, but not limited to, technological and conceptual innovations, original research or grassroot initiatives.
To apply, click on the apply button below, fill the form and submit it. Applications must be submitted in English and shall include:
- a project abstract of 250 words maximum;
- a well-developed project description, which should not exceed 1,000 words in length. The application should include a description of the initiative or project, an explanation of the concept’s significance in the context of global security and the collective global future, and should clearly demonstrate how the idea provides a novel contribution to this field;
- up to five image files (optional).
Please click on the apply button below and follow instructions to submit your application. The winner will be announced in November 2021.
The deadline for applications is . To know more about the Prize for Innovation in Global Security, please refer to the official page. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.