Application for the Engage Art Contest is now open. The Contest is a juried competition for original Visual Art, Music Video, Film and Performing Arts. The topic is the Spiritual Battle described in Ephesians 6:10-20 and related verses.
The topic is the Spiritual Battle as expressed in Ephesians 6:10-20 and related scriptures. At its most simple, this topic is about the confrontation between good and evil, an evergreen topic in the arts. Upon further exploration, there’s another element prevalent in the cultural canon: Unseen forces are at work in our world and in our lives. Some of them are good and some of them are evil.
- Topic: Engage Art creates a space for artists to express their vision of the Spiritual Battle.
- Number of awards: 40 prizes (10 per category).
- Target group: Open to Anyone 18 or older who lives in North America (CA US MX, Central America & the Caribbean).
Engage Art Contest Benefits
The Engage Art Contest will provide in Cash Prizes $25,000 Per Category (Visual Art, Music Video, Film and Performing Arts)
- $10,000 1ST PLACE
- $5,000 2ND PLACE
- $3,000 3RD PLACE
- $1,000 7 RUNNERS-UP
Engage Art Contest Eligibility
To be eligible for a Engage Art Contest, is open for:
Anyone 18 or older who lives in North America (CA US MX, Central America & the Caribbean).
Anyone younger than 18 can be part of a team, as long as:
- they have permission from their parent or guardian.
- there is at least one team member 18 or older to act as the legal Entrant.
Artists from all backgrounds have taken inspiration from Christian Scriptures for millennia. This contest is for anyone interested in using the arts to engage the themes around the Spiritual Battle. everyone invited—novice to professional—to submit original work.
Candidates will be selected using the following judging criteria:
Part 1: Identify artworks that are “distinguished” based on whether:
- the art is informed by Ephesians 6:10-20, broadly defined.
- the entry satisfies all the eligibility requirements.
Part 2: Consider all “distinguished” artworks and rank them based on:
- 30% verify you’re using the Engage Art app
- 35% effective message. Engagement with the themes in Ephesians 6:10-20 and impact
- 35% artistic and technical strength. Creative interpretation and command of the medium used/technical skill
- Register in the contest submission portal where you submit images of your visual art and digital versions of your music video, short film or performing arts video.
- One entry in each category per artist.
- Entering is free.
- Return to the contest submission portal at any time before the deadline to work on your entry.
- Confirmation of eligibility
- Artist bio
- Images of your visual art and digital versions of your music video, short film or performing arts video. Art file limits: 400 mb file size limit; visual art–up to 5 images; all videos-up to 5 minutes.
- Title, Medium/Genre, Dimensions (for Visual Art), Instrumentation and Lyrics (for Music Videos) and Description
- Explanation of how artwork illuminates the Spiritual Battle/relates to Ephesians 6:10-20
- Credits for each team member
The current contest runs until May 31, 2020. For more detail on the Engage Art Contest, please visit the official page. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.