The Council of Europe Youth Delegate Program is inviting a number of young people to take an active part in its 38th and 39th sessions. The Congress aims to give young people an opportunity to express their opinions about all the issues being discussed directly to the local and regional elected representatives.
The Congress is a pan-European political assembly, its 648 members hold elective office and represent over 200,000 authorities in 47 European States. Its role is to promote local and regional democracy, improve local and regional governance and strengthen authorities’ self-government. Congress members examine reports, hold thematic debates and adopt recommendations.
- Host Institutions: Council of Europe.
- Number of awards: Not Specified.
- Duration: 38th (17-19 March) and 39th (27-29 October) sessions in Strasbourg (France).
- Target group: Open to citizens of the 47 European States.
Council of Europe Youth Delegate Program Benefits
The youth delegates’ travel and subsistence expenses will be covered by the Congress of Local and Regional Authorities according to the Council of Europe’s rules.
Accommodation will be provided and paid for by the organizers, in single-occupancy or shared rooms according to availability. The organizers cannot cover the cost of accommodation elsewhere.
Council of Europe Youth Delegate Program Eligibility
To apply for the Council of Europe Youth Delegate program, candidate must meet following criteria:
- be open, committed and motivated to develop and strengthen dialogue between young people and elected representatives at local/regional level;
- be between 18 and 30 years old;
- hold the passport of, and live in, the country they will represent;
- be active in youth work at local and regional levels;
- be available to engage in the whole of the activity including the preparation of grass-roots projects;
- have an interest in actively participating in policy making at local and/or regional levels but not be an elected representative;
- be able to multiply the information obtained during the session on their return home;
- have good writing and public speaking skills;
- be committed to working in an intercultural team;
- not have participated in the initiative previously;
- speak English fluently;
Interested applicants who would like to apply for the opportunity must click on the apply button below, scroll to the end of the page and click on the “English” button to have access to the application form. Please follow instructions to fill the form and submit it.
The deadline for submitting application is January 3, 2020. For more detail on the Council of Europe Youth Delegate Program in France, please visit the official page.