The Belgium Government Scholarship for masters and training courses offer you the chance to pursue a one-year specialized master’s degree programme or a 4-to-6-month advanced training course within a higher education institution of the Wallonia-Brussels Federation, Belgium. The programme is opened for nationals of a developing countries with professional experience looking to further develop their skills in a development-related topic.
Belgium Government Scholarship Details
- Host Institutions: Higher education institution of the Wallonia-Brussels Federation, Belgium.
- Specialized Master’s Programs: Master de spécialisation en développement, environnement et sociétés, Master de spécialisation en droits de l’homme, Master de spécialisation en gestion des ressources aquatiques et aquaculture, Master de spécialisation en gestion des risques et des catastrophes, Specialized Master in Integrated Management of Health Risks in the Global South (IManHR), Specialized Master in International and development Economics, Master de spécialisation en médecine transfusionnelle, Specialized Master in Microfinance, Master de spécialisation en production intégrée et préservation des ressources naturelles en milieu urbain et péri-urbain, Specialized Master in Public Health Methodology, Master de spécialisation en sciences de la santé publique – méthodes de recherche appliquées à la santé globale, Master de spécialisation en sciences et gestion de l’environnement dans les pays en développement, Master de spécialisation en transport et logistique.
- Training courses: Stage en contrôle et assurance qualité des médicaments et produits de santé, Stage d’initiation à la recherche pour le renforcement des systèmes de santé, Stage en système d’information géographique, Stage en valorisation des ressources secondaires pour une construction durable, Stage méthodologique en appui à l’innovation en agriculture familiale.
- Number of awards: an average of 150 scholarships as part of the master’s program, and 70 grants for training courses.
- Duration: one-year specialized master’s degree programme or a 4-to-6-month advanced training course.
- Target group: Open to citizens of the following countries: Benin, Bolivia, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cuba, Ecuador, Ethiopia (only for training courses in English), Haiti, Madagascar, Morocco, Niger, Peru, the Philippines, the DR Congo, Rwanda, Senegal, and Vietnam.
Belgium Government Scholarship Benefits
The Belgium Government Scholarship covers the following costs for selected candidates:
For a master’s scholarship recipients:
- International travel costs: Economy-class travel on an IATA-approved airline, with a maximum of one round-trip ticket per academic year.
- Living allowance: 1150 €/month for a duration of 12 months.
- Indirect mission fees: 150 €. This amount is given once per stay, upon arrival of the grantee.
- Arrival allowance, tuition and return fees: 700 €. This amount is given once per stay, upon arrival of the grantee.
- Registration fees: At the current rate for DGD grantees.
- Insurance fees: Directly paid by ARES.
- Travel costs that are part of inter-university training: Reimbursed based on real costs incurred, with receipts provided.
For a training course grant:
- International travel costs: Economy-class travel on an IATA-approved airline, one round-trip ticket.
- Living allowance:
- 83 €/day for stays lasting 8 to 17 days
- 1400 €/month for stays lasting 18 days to 1 month (set amount)
- 1400 €/month for stays lasting 1 to 6 months, prorated to the number of days
- Indirect mission fees: 150 € (This amount is given once per stay, upon arrival of the grantee).
- Insurance fees: Directly paid by ARES.
- Travel expenses in the framework of inter university training: Reimbursed based on the real incurred, with receipts provided.
Belgium Government Scholarship Eligibility
To qualify for the Belgium Government Scholarship, applicants must:
- Be a citizen of a developing country. To be eligible, applicants must be residing and working in their country of origin when they apply;
- Only nationals of the following countries may apply for grants from ARES: Benin, Bolivia, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cuba, Ecuador, Ethiopia (only for training courses in English), Haiti, Madagascar, Morocco, Niger, Peru, the Philippines, the DR Congo, Rwanda, Senegal, and Vietnam;
- Be under the age of 40 for degree programs, and under 45 for training courses, at the time the training is scheduled to begin;
- Have earned a diploma comparable to a graduate-level diploma from Belgian university studies. Nevertheless, for certain training courses, different requirements may be requested;
- Possess relevant professional experience in a developing country of at least two years after graduate studies, or of three years after their studies if the applicant has earned a post-grad degree from a university in an industrialized country;
- Have good mastery of written and spoken French. For training courses held in another language, it is essential to have a proper level in the course’s language, both written and spoken.
- Apply for only one training course.
Applicants should not obtain prior admission to one of the Francophone universities in Belgium in order to be considered for ARES grants.
To apply for the Belgium Government Scholarship, please Fill out the application form. It must be carefully completed and sent to ARES (rue Royale 180, 1000 Brussels, Belgium) BY POST or EXPRESS DELIVERY SERVICE ONLY, which must have received it by 7 FEBRUARY 2020 at the latest.
Only applications presented on the relevant forms will be considered, in the language in which the training course is given; All elements necessary for the application file (application form AND additional information requested) must be included in the same mailing AND correctly stapled or bound so that no documents are lost. No additional elements for the application sent later will be considered.
All applicants selected and on reserve status will receive an e-mail when selections are made (June 2020). Applicants who are not selected will receive an e-mail by the end of June 2020 at the latest. The programme’s deadline is February 07, 2020. For more detail on the Belgium Government Scholarship , please visit the official page.