Based IN Berlin-Brandenburg Academy of Sciences and Humanities (BBAW) in Germany and IN Academy of Scientific Research and Technology (ASRT) in Egypt, The Arab-German AGYA Membership Application 2020 call is open.
The Arab-German Young Academy of Sciences and Humanities (AGYA) promotes research cooperation among outstanding early-career researchers from all disciplines who are affiliated with a research institution in Germany or any Arab country.
The academy supports innovative interdisciplinary projects by its members in various fields of research, science policy and education. AGYA members from currently 14 countries have realized joint projects and initiatives on topics such as Arab and German Education; Common Heritage and Common Challenges; Energy, Water and Environment; Health and Society; Innovation; and Transformation.
- Opportunity: Arab-German Young Academy of Sciences and Humanities (AGYA) Membership Application.
- Area: Arab and German Education; Common Heritage and Common Challenges; Energy, Water and Environment; Health and Society; Innovation; and Transformation.
- Number of Awards: Not specified.
- Duration: up to five years.
- Target Group: Open for Citizens of the following countries: Algeria, Bahrain, Comoros, Djibouti, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates and Yemen.
Arab-German AGYA Membership Benefits
Participants in the Arab-German AGYA Membership programme will have the following benefits:
- a unique opportunity to take an active part in the life of interdisciplinary research academy and have supports in implementing their own ideas, visions and creative projects in the framework of Arab-German research cooperation.
- up to five years membership followed by lifelong membership in an alumni network of excellent researchers. AGYA connects its members and facilitates collaboration opportunities with outstanding research institutions in Germany and Arab countries, granting them exclusive access to an academic network of excellence.
- funding to realize innovative research projects within AGYA interdisciplinary working groups and in joint projects between Arab and German members.
- Members meet regularly to discuss, develop and implement joint research initiatives on cutting-edge issues, with travel expenses for AGYA workshops and conferences covered for all members.
- AGYA offers a range of training opportunities to enhance its members’ academic careers as well as interdisciplinary and intercultural skills. AGYA actively promotes its members as ambassadors of science and culture.
Arab-German AGYA Membership Application Eligibility
Candidates sending their application for the Arab-German Young Academy of Sciences and Humanities Membership should have the following profile:
- Early-career researchers from any field of the Life Sciences, Natural Sciences, Humanities, Social Sciences, Technical Sciences and the Arts are eligible to apply.
- Applicants must be affiliated with a university or a research institution in Germany or any Arab country (Algeria, Bahrain, Comoros, Djibouti, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates and Yemen).
- Applicants should be early-career researchers. At the time of application, the candidate’s doctoral degree has preferably been awarded not less than three and no more than ten years ago.
- Applicants must have full command of English, the working language of AGYA. No knowledge of German or Arabic is necessary.
Arab-German AGYA Membership Application instructions
Interested candidates who would like to apply for the Arab-German AGYA Membership Application programme should submit all required documents via email as a single PDF file to: agya[at]bbaw.de.
- Application form;
- CV, including a list of publications
- Letter of motivation
- Two academic reference letters
- Consent for processing personal data & declaration on the accuracy of information.
The closing date for the submission of applications is . For more information about the Arab-German AGYA Membership Application 2020, please visit the official page.