Application for the World Bank Summer Winter Internship Program is now open. The Internship program offers highly motivated individuals an opportunity to be exposed to the mission and work of the World Bank Group in international development. The internship allows individuals to bring new perspectives, innovative ideas, and the latest research experience into the Bank’s work and improve their skills while working in a diverse environment.
An internship at the World Bank is an opportunity to learn while gaining practical experience. Interns generally find the experience to be rewarding and interesting. In addition, it is a way to enhance their CVs with practical work experience and become more competitive in the recruitment market.
Founded in 1944 at the Bretton Woods Conference, the World Bank officially start Operating in June 1946. The institution is composed of the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD), and the International Development Association (IDA). The World Bank provides loans and grants to low and middle-income countries and is a component of the World Bank Group.
- Host Organization: The World Bank, headquartered in Washington, D.C. in the United States of America.
- Focus Areas: The WB Internship Program typically seeks candidates for Operations (Front Line) in the following fields: economics, finance, human development (public health, education, nutrition, population), social sciences (anthropology, sociology), agriculture, environment, engineering, urban planning, natural resources management, private sector development, and other related fields; or Corporate support (Accounting, Communications, Human Resources Management, Information Technology, Treasury, and other corporate services).
- Number of awards: Not specified. All applications are stored in a database which is consulted by hiring Managers based on business needs.
- Duration: Minimum of four weeks (May–September) for Summer Internship and (November – March) for Winter Internship.
- Target group: Open to individuals pursuing a Master’s or PhD degrees with plans to return to school full-time.
World Bank Summer Winter Internship Benefits
The Summer Winter Internship program pays an hourly salary to all interns and, where applicable, provides an allowance toward travel expenses up to USD 3,000 at the discretion of the manager. These travel expenses can only include transport expenses (airfare) to or from the duty station city. Interns are responsible for their own accommodations.
World Bank Summer Winter Internship Eligibility
To be eligible for the World Bank Summer Winter Internship, candidates must have an undergraduate degree and be enrolled in a full-time graduate study program (pursuing a master’s degree or PhD with plans to return to school full-time). There is no age limit.
Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of languages such as French, Spanish, Russian, Arabic, Portuguese, and Chinese is desirable. Other skills such as computing skills are advantageous.
The World Bank Group values diversity in its workplace and encourages all qualified individuals, particularly women, with diverse professional and academic backgrounds to apply. The group’s aim is to attract and recruit the best talent in the world.
- UNFPA Internship Program for Students and New Graduates;
- World Trade Organization Internship Programme;
- United Nations Volunteers Program For All Nationalities.
Please click on the apply button below to submit your application for the World Bank Internship. All applications must be submitted online and during the respective application period. (Applications by email are not accepted). Application Form: Take time to prepare your application and enter your personal information accurately.
- Ensure that you use either Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, or Internet Explorer 10 or higher as the browser version.
- Please make sure that you are connected with a reasonable bandwidth of internet connection without any network/firewall restriction.
- You will be asked to register for an account and provide an email address.
- You must complete your application in a single session and you will only be able to submit it if you have uploaded all the required documents and answered all the questions (all questions marked with an asterisk-*- are required).
- Please complete the application within 45 minutes to avoid a system timeout.
- Provide the most current contact information. Ensure that you have correctly spelled out your email address since this will be our main channel of communication with you regarding your candidacy
- Ensure that you have correctly spelled out your email address since this will be the main channel of communication with you regarding your candidacy.
- Remember to enter your complete phone number (country code + city code + number).
- Please do not enter any special characters (â-<>&#â, etc.) in any of the application fields. Try not to copy and paste any characters/text from Microsoft Word.
- Please upload the following documents (mandatory) before submitting your application:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Statement of Interest
- Proof of Enrollment in a graduate degree
Note : Each file should not exceed 5 MB and should be in .doc, .docx, or .pdf format. Please make sure that the filenames of the documents that you are attaching do not contain any special characters, such as â-<>&#â, etc. Once you submit your application, you will not be able to make any further changes/updates.
Upon submission of your application, you will receive an email confirmation providing you with your application number.
Applications are currently opened for the Winter Internship (November 2022 – March 2023). The last day to submit applications is . For more details on the World Bank Summer Winter Internship, please visit the official page. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.