Admissions are now opened for spring 2021 semester at the University of Science and Technology in South Korea. Koreans students as well as International students from all over the world are welcome to apply for Masters and PhD degree programs at the university. All admitted students are awarded the University of Science and Technology Scholarship.
The UST scholarship is fully funded and aims to let ensure all students focus on their studies and research. Alongside with this scholarship, UTS students can also win the UST Research Paper Award. This is a great opportunity for those who are dreaming to study in South Korea as the only need to get admitted, and they will automatically benefit from the scholarship.
Created in 2003, The University of Science and Technology (UST), is a group of public universities and research institutions run as a consortium in South Korea. The university runs across 32 campuses, with the main campus in Daejon and offer only English taught graduate programs with specialization in science and engineering education and research.
UTS has around 500 international students, 1,300 total students. The university runs special courses that include technical business administration, technical economics, technical strategies, theories of research, planning and management, venture start-ups, technical communication and technical writing. Majors include nuclear fusion, polar science, functional genomics, laser and plasma engineering, intelligent robot engineering and quantum energy chemical engineering.
- Host institution: University of Science and Technology (UST), South Korea.
- Majors: Biotechnology, Bioscience, Industrial Technology, Food Biotechnology, Engineering, ICT, Science of Measurement, Nano Science, Medical Physics, Bio-Analytical Science, Ocean Science, Medicinal Chemistry and Pharmacology, Advanced Materials and Chemical Engineering etc.
- Number of Awards: Available for all admitted students.
- Duration: Master’s Program (4 semesters), Doctoral Program (6 semesters), or MS-PhD Program (10 semesters).
- Eligible countries: Open to All nationalities.
University of Science and Technology Scholarship Benefits
All admitted students at the University of Science and Technology will be provided with the following benefits:
- Full Tuition Fee ;
- Monthly Stipend:
- Doctoral Programs: Stipend of KRW 1,600,000 per month
- Master’s Programs: Stipend of KRW 1,200,000 per month
- Financial support for international conferences ;
- Additional Stipend can be available for research assistants ;
- Student Support ;
- Overseas training/exchange program ;
- School Awards: UST Research Paper Award, Excellence Award ;
- Korean Language Education.
University of Science and Technology Scholarship Eligibility
To apply for the UST scholarship, applicants must satisfy below criteria:
- For Master’s degree applicants: hold an Undergraduate/Bachelor’s degree. Those who are expected to get an Undergraduate or Bachelor’s Degree by February 2021 are also eligible to apply.
- For PhD applicants: : hold a Master’s degree or equivalent. Candidates who are expected to receive their Master’s degree by February 2021 are also eligible to apply.
You may also be eligible for the:
- UNIST Scholarship for Graduate Students;
- KAIST International Graduate Students Scholarship;
- KAIST International Undergraduate Students Scholarship;
- Korean Government Scholarship (GKS) For International Students;
- EPOS DAAD Scholarships In Germany For Development.
All admitted students at the University of Science and Technology are awarded the UST scholarship. There is no separate application. Therefore, interested applicant must click on the apply button below and follow instructions to submit their application admission and automatically benefit from the scholarship.
- Notarized copy of Diploma (certificate) of bachelor’s degree ;
- Notarized copy of Diploma (certificate) of master’s degree ;
- Transcripts of bachelor’s degree ;
- Transcripts of master’s degree ;
- Research Proposal ;
- English test report (May not be required due to COVID-19) ;
- Recommendation Letter ;
- Additional documents (if Any).
The deadline to apply for this programme is . For more information on the University of Science and Technology Scholarship, please visit the official page. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.