Applications are currently being received for the Social & Inclusive Business Camp in France. The program is an acceleration and capacity building program dedicated to entrepreneurs with an impact project on the African continent and with a desire to scale up. Since its first edition in 2017, the SIBC has supported 200 entrepreneurs with a strong social impact in Africa in their transition to scale-up, in the measurement of their social performance and in their preparation for fundraising.
After having developed the SIBC for three years, the AFD Development Campus has decided to rely on a consortium composed of I&P Conseil, African Management Institute (AMI), Scale Changer and Startup BRICS for the implementation of the program. With a strong pedagogical team and an in-depth knowledge of African entrepreneurship, the consortium will carry the values of the SIBC to support entrepreneurs but also to raise awareness of the dynamics of an ecosystem that is now essential for the continent’s development.
The program is organized around 4 key themes:
- Leadership, governance and team: defining better your purpose and mission, structuring your governance, and organizing your teams for successful growth
- Scale up: Adapting your business model and building your scale-up strategy to multiply your impact
- ESG & Impact: defining your ESG & Impact policy and measuring your social performance
- Investment Readiness: identifying your financing needs, understanding investor expectations, and preparing to raise funds.
- Event: Social & Inclusive Business Camp.
- Number of awards: Not specified.
- Venue: Marseille, France.
- Target group: Open to all.
Social and Inclusive Business Camp Benefits
Successful candidates will be provided with the followings
- 4 months of remote coaching on a dedicated online platform, alternating interactive virtual classes with international experts and learning resources to consult autonomously.
- 1 week of intensive Boot camp in Marseille, France, in partnership with the EMERGING Valley Summit (event dedicated to emerging innovations between Europe and Africa)
- The possibility for each participant to be followed by a mentor, an experienced alumni of the program
- Networking, through integration into an active and ambitious international community of 200 entrepreneurs and networking with investors and financial partners during the Boot camp.
Social & Inclusive Business Camp Eligibility
To apply for this Business Camp, the company must meet all these criteria
- Be a legally registered company
- Prove a positive impact in Africa: social or environmental impact, activity serving vulnerable populations (women, people with disabilities, refugees…) and/or creating jobs for these populations
- Prove that you have first customers, a turnover and a balanced economic model or a medium-term profitability objective
- Have a desire to grow and present a scale-up strategy that takes into account the maximization of social or environmental impact.
Prerequisites to participate in the program
- The candidate representing the company, called "the applicant" or “the candidate”, must be the founder, co-founder, manager or at least in a position to make strategic decisions for the company;
- The applicant must ensure that he/she has sufficiently stable internet access to be able to follow the training and exchange sessions in good conditions;
- The candidate will have to be able to allocate time to the program from September to the beginning of December 2021, at a rate of approximately 2 hours per week over this period.
The following will not be eligible
- Individual applications
- NGOs without a business model or profitability objective
- Public and semi-public organizations
- Companies at the project stage (without first revenues, prototype or proof of concept).
How to Apply for the Social & Inclusive Business Camp
Interested applicants in this program should click on the apply button below to access the online application platform and submit their applications.
The application file must be composed of
- An application form to be completed (questions on the project leader, the company, its structure, its impact and its strategy for scaling up)
- Proof of the legal registration of the company (registration document, articles of association, etc.)
- Financial statements for the last 3 years
- Detailed CV of the project leader
- If you wish, a pitch-deck or a presentation of your company (optional).
The deadline to submit your application is . For more detail on the Social & Inclusive Business Camp, please visit the official website. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.