Applications for the OPEC Fund’s Young Professional Development Program (YPDP) are now opened. YPDP is a two-year program that has been designed to prepare young professionals from the OPEC (Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries) Fund’s member countries for a career in global development.
The program is seeking young applicants who have good academic achievements and committed to international development. You’re encouraged to apply, if you have an ambition to help developing countries address their most pressing challenges in the quest for social, environmental and economic progress.
- Host institution: OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID).
- Areas of Work: engineering, economics, finance, business administration, law, information technology, human resources or any other discipline relevant to the OPEC Fund’s operations.
- Number of positions: Not specified.
- Duration: Two years.
- Target group: Open to nationals of OPEC Fund’s member countries (Algeria, Ecuador, Gabon, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Libya, Nigeria, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Venezuela).
OPEC Fund’s Young Professional Development Program Benefits
The Young Professional Development Program offers training, coaching and mentoring, the opportunity to experience different departments and access to professional networks. The program equips young professionals with the skills and knowledge to meet the minimum requirements for an entry-level position with the OPEC Fund.
YPDP participants will spend at least 50 percent of the program in a ‘home’ department / unit and rotate to other departments for the remainder of their time. This enables participants to broaden their experience and benefit from differing coaching and mentoring styles, while building their professional network.
After participants have successfully completed the two-year program, they may be offered a job at the OPEC Fund, based on their performance and the business need.
OPEC Fund’s Young Professional Development Program Eligibility
To be selected for the YPDP program, applicants must:
- be an OPEC Fund member country national;
- be 30 years of age, or younger;
- hold a Master’s degree;
- be able to demonstrate outstanding academic credentials;
- be fluent in English and proficient in at least one other language;
- specialize in development, engineering, economics, finance, business administration, law, information technology, human resources or any other discipline relevant to the OPEC Fund’s operations;
- be able to work in an international, multicultural and diverse environment;
- understand the OPEC Fund’s mandate; and
- be willing to work with the OPEC Fund in Vienna for a minimum of two years upon completion of the YPDP, if offered a position.
- World Trade Organization Internship Programme;
- World Bank Group Young Professionals Program Benefits;
- CERN Junior Fellowship Programme for Graduate Students;
- UNICEF Internship Programme For All Nationalities;
- Internship Program At FAO (The Food And Agriculture Organization);
- United Nations Volunteers Programme For All Nationalities.
Eligible Applicants must click on the apply button below, move to the bottom of the page and click on the “Apply now” to create an account. They must submit:
- A YPDP online application form;
- A Curriculum Vitae (CV);
- An application essay (in Word or PDF format);
- Academic certificates and transcripts.
The deadline to submit your application is . For more detail on the OPEC Fund’s Young Professional Development Program, please visit the official page. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.