The King Fahd University Scholarship is a fully funded program that is designed for highly qualified local and international students to conduct studies at the King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals (KFUPM). The scholarship is for Master’s degree and PhD applicants who demonstrate high potential for conducting original research in the fields of Engineering, Sciences, and Business.
All interested and eligible, local and International candidates are invited to apply for the King Fahd University Scholarship. The online application portal is open twice every academic year (for Fall and Spring semesters). Generally, the Fall semester starts around the end of August, and Spring starts early January. Along with the online application information, mandatory documents need to be uploaded before deadlines.
Created in 1963 by a Saudi royal decree, the King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals the best university in Saudi Arabia, the Middle East and the North Africa region. The university has ranked fourth among top 100 worldwide universities granted US Utility Patents in 2018.
King Fahd University Scholarship Details
- Host Institution: King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals (KFUPM) in Saudi Arabia.
- Fields of Study: Available fields at the university.
- Number of Awards: Not specified
- Duration: 4 Semesters for MS and 8 Semesters for PhD.
- Target group: Open to all nationalities.
King Fahd University Scholarship Benefits
The King Fahd University Scholarship is a fully funded program that provides successful applicants with the following benefits:
- Full tuition fee waiver;
- Competitive monthly stipend;
- Free textbooks;
- Free furnished bachelor housing;
- Housing for married PhD students according to availability;
- Medical care;
- Subsidized meals in student dorm restaurant/cafeteria;
- Extra stipend upon participation in research projects funded by the University, research Institute, KACST, Centers of Research Excellence, or Industry;
- Developmental program in teaching and skills/research;
- Air ticket to/from Dammam;
- Other benefits according to the University Policy.
The scholarship programme is opened for available programmes at the university which are listed below:
- Aerospace Engineering
- Applied Statistics
- Architectural Engineering
- Business Administration
- Chemical Engineering
- City & Regional Planning
- Civil & Environmental Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Networks
- Computer Science
- Construction Engineering & Management
- Electrical Engineering
- Environmental Sciences
- Industrial & Systems Engineering
- Information Assurance & Security
- Life Sciences
- Materials Science & Engineering
- Mathematical Sciences
- Mechanical Engineering
- Medical Physics
- Petroleum Engineering
- Software Engineering
- Systems & Control Engineering
- Telecommunication Engineering.
King Fahd University Scholarship Eligibility
Interested applicants must satisfy the following requirements in order to apply for the King Fahd University Scholarship:
Basic Application Requirements for MBA:
- A four-year Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized institution.
- A Grade-Point Average (GPA) of at least 3.00 on a scale of 4.00 or equivalent.
- At least one course in college level calculus which covers both differentiation and integration.
- A working knowledge of computers as evidenced by at least one course in that area (e.g. data processing, programming, information systems, etc.)
- At least one-year of full-time work experience. This requirement may be waived for graduate assistants, research assistants, and applicants with exceptional academic records.
Basic application requirements for Master Programs in Science and Engineering:
- A four-year Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or science from a recognized institution with a major in the proposed field or evidence of suitable background for entering the proposed field.
- A Grade-Point Average (GPA) of 3.00 or higher on a scale of 4.00 or equivalent, and a GPA of 3.00 in the subject of the major field.
Basic Application Requirement for Ph.D. Programs:
- An M.S. degree in engineering or science (after a four-year B.S. degree) from an institution whose graduate programs are equivalent to those of KFUPM, with a major in the proposed field or evidence of suitable background for entering the proposed field.
- A minimum GPA of 3.00 on a scale of 4.00 or equivalent in both B.S. and M.S. degrees.
To apply, please click on the apply button below and follow given instructions. The application form for the coming semester will be available through the Online Application system from to for the spring semester intake. The last day to submit Online Recommendations is . After submission of a complete online application, mandatory documents need to be uploaded before the deadlines through the Upload System using the same Login ID and PIN created for the online application.
- Copy of identification (Passport for international applicants / National ID for Saudi nationals / Iqama for residents of Saudi Arabia).
- Complete official transcripts for BS degree (and MS degree if applying to PhD).
- Statement-of-Purpose (a one-page essay focusing on career and research goals at KFUPM).
- Recommendation letters from academic referees through the online recommendation system after submitting the online application.
- Certificates for BS degree (and MS degree if applying for PhD) if degrees granted.
- GMAT score min. Quant. is 156, min. Analytical Writing is 4.0 (for international MBA applicants).
- TOEFL score (min. is 68 iBT for MS and 79 iBT for PhD) or IELTS score (min. is 6 for MS and 6.5 for PhD).