With the partnership of eight Governments in Africa, The World Bank design a project to improve the quality of training and research in higher education, and reducing the skill gaps in key development priority areas. The Eastern and Southern Africa Higher Education Centers of Excellence (ACE II) Project supports the governments of Ethiopia, Kenya, Malawi, Mozambique, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda, and Zambia in strengthening selected African Centers of Excellence (ACEs).The objective is to deliver quality post-graduate education and build collaborative research capacity. The IUCEA-World Bank Master Scholarships for Females is available for studies in following priority areas: Industry, Agriculture, Health, Education, and Applied Statistics.
24 higher education institutions in regional ACEs in Eastern and Southern Africa.
Field of study:
Studies in the field of Industry, Agriculture, Health, Education, and Applied Statistics are available for the IUCEA-World Bank Master Scholarships.
Number of Awards & Target group:
30 Fellowships are available for female national of Ethiopia, Kenya, Malawi, Mozambique, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda Zambia and Burundi.
The duration of the Fellowship Program is 24 months and will cover:
- University tuition fees: Approximately USD 3,000 per year (payable directly to the Host University according to an official invoice
- Stipend: USD 800 per month to support living expenses such as housing, food, utilities, local transportation, medication and settlement expenses
- Research: USD 4,800 to support student research, payable upon approval of research proposal
- Allowance: USD 2,000 one-off allowance to cover visa, laptop and books
- Air ticket: A round-trip economy fare for the most direct route between the beneficiary’s home country and the study destination of Host University
In order to be eligible for this Fellowship, the applicant must:
- be a female national of one of ACE II participating countries (Ethiopia, Kenya, Malawi, Mozambique, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia) or Burundi
- be under the age of thirty five (35) years
- be a holder of a Bachelor’s Degree from a reputable university in the relevant field, at the level of Upper Second Class Honours
- have obtained admission from an ACE outside one’s own country of current nationality to study full-time in any of the priority disciplines of the ACE II Project: (i) STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) or Industry, (ii) Agriculture, (iii) Health, (iv) Education, and (v) Applied Statistics; and
- have demonstrated outstanding academic achievement as evidenced by academic transcripts, and academic awards, if any.
To apply for this Fellowship, interested candidates are advised to fill in the application form found at ace2.iucea.org or www.iucea.org attach all requested documents, and send by e-mail to [email protected] with a copy to [email protected]. All applications must be received not later than 5.00 PM East African Time on June 30 2019. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.
- Completed application form;
- Recent passport-size photograph;
- Summarized CV with names and contacts of two referees;
- Certified copies of academic certificates and transcripts;
- Certified copies of passport or national identity card indicating citizenship;
- Copy of admission letter from one of the host universities (please refer to the attached table on Countries, ACEs and Universities); and
- Two (2) reference letters with contact details.