Application for the Internship and Scholarship in Taiwan (TIGP-IIP) is now open. The program typically takes place during July and August. However the dates can be changed by the host PI upon request. Ideally, the qualified intern will be hosted by the PI of his or her choice. At the end of the internship, interns are required to submit a report and/or give a presentation about their research projects. Upon completion of each intern’s project, an evaluation report will be filed by the host scientist, which may later serve as a supportive document towards application for admission to TIGP.
The program also have English taught Phd programmes that are supported by Academia Sinica, the most prestigious research institution in Taiwan. In collaboration with top-ranking local research universities, the TIGP would like to invite outstanding young scholars from around the globe to experience Taiwan’s top-notch scientific research facilities and to participate in building an intellectual network of people from different ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
- Host Institution: Partner institutions in Taiwan.
- Field of Study: Focus areas shown below.
- Number of awards: Not specified.
- Duration: 2~3 months for the internship and normal duration of the PhD programme.
- Target group: Open to international students.
Internship and Scholarship in Taiwan (TIGP-IIP) Benefits
The Internship and Scholarship in Taiwan (TIGP-IIP) will offer selected candidates the following Benefits:
- TIGP and the hosting PI will together offer NTD 30,000/month-tax free (~USD 1000) for two months. (TIGP will provide a monthly stipend of NTD 20,000/months and the sponsoring faculty will provide additional monthly stipend of NTD 10,000/ month).
- In addition, half of the cheapest round-way airfare at economy class of the batch will be provided to participating interns upon completion of the training program.
- On-campus/ Off-campus accommodation will be helped to arrange by the TIGP office if the interns work in AS and the students will need to pay for the cost.
- Some hosting PIs work in a different city from Taipei, where Academia Sinica is located. In this situation, the off-campus accommodation will be arranged by the hosting PI. Please take this into consideration when selecting a hosting PI.
Internship and Scholarship in Taiwan (TIGP-IIP) Eligibility
The TIGP-IIP welcomes applications from overseas candidates of the following status:
- Undergraduate students who will have been conferred a B.S. degree by August 2020. (Or students who will have been conferred a B.S.＋M.S. dual degree by August 2020.)
- Students pursuing a Master’s degree and holding a B.S. degree.
- Individuals holding a B.S. or Master’s degree (student’s pursuing a PhD degree are not eligible for this category)
- Students/ Individuals who have attended TIGP-IIP program before are not eligible to apply again.
Below is the list of programmes that are open for the Taiwan International Graduate Programme (TIGP) scholarship.
- Chemical Biology and Molecular Biophysics
- Molecular Science and Technology
- Molecular and Biological Agricultural Sciences
- Molecular and Cell Biology
- Nano Science and Technology
- Molecular Medicine
- Earth System Science
- Interdisciplinary Neuroscience
- Sustainable Chemical Science and Technology
- Social Networks and Human-Centered Computing
To apply for a scholarship, please visit desired programme from focus area section, click on the programme and follow instructions.
The deadline for the IIP Summer internship is and February 2020 for most of the phd programmes. Please visit each programme’s page for precise deadline. For more information about the Internship and Scholarship in Taiwan (TIGP-IIP), please visit the official page.