The Qualification Round 2020 of the International Astronomy and Astrophysics Competition (IAAC) has opened. Use your skills and astronomy knowledge to win certificates, awards, and prizes. IAAC gives you the unique opportunity to show your knowledge and astronomy skills in one of the biggest astronomy competition for students from all around the world.
- Event: Astronomy and Astrophysics Competition.
- Number of Awards: Not specified.
- Target Group: Open for all nationalities.
International Astronomy and Astrophysics Competition Benefits / Prizes
Successful participants receive many certificates, awards, cash prizes, and honours:
- All Participants: Official Participation Certificate
- All Finalists: Gold, Silver, Bronze Honour
- 1. Prize: 200 USD Cash Prize, Special 1. Prize Certificate
- 2. Prize: 150 USD Cash Prize, Special 2. Prize Certificate
- 3. Prize: 100 USD Cash Prize, Special 3. Prize Certificate
Special Regional Awards:
- 1, 2, 3. Regional Award of Africa
- 1, 2, 3. Regional Award of Europa
- 1, 2, 3. Regional Award of Greater Middle East
- 1, 2, 3. Regional Award of South Asia
- 1, 2, 3. Regional Award of South East Asia
- 1, 2, 3. Regional Award of America
IAAC understand the crucial role of teachers and schools for scientific education. Because of that, we award several school awards to honour the efforts of the teachers and the schools:
- IAAC School Award for Most Participants: This award receives the school with the most overall participants of the qualification round to honour the efforts of the teachers for encouraging students to participate in scientific competitions.
- IAAC School Award for Most Finalists: This special award receives the school with the most students that have shown outstanding performance and have participated in the pre-final and/or final round.
- IAAC School Award for Excellence: This award receives the school with many outstanding students that have achieved high results throughout the overall competition to honour the quality education in general.
Rounds / Process
- Qualification Round: The qualification round 2020 consists of five astronomy problems and you can submit your solutions online until April 17th, 2020. All participants receive certificates.
- Pre-Final Round: Successful participants can register for the pre-final round: You have one week to solve the ten challenging problems of the pre-final round.
- Final Round: Successful finalists can participate in the final round: You will take a supervised exam of 60 minutes. The winners receive certificates and cash prizes worth over 700 USD.
International Astronomy and Astrophysics Competition Eligibility
To participate in IAAC 2020, candidate must be a:
- National of any country in the world;
- High-school or university student;
- Students from all grades and all.
You may also be eligible for the:
- Denmark Katoni scholarship Program.
- Université Paris-Saclay Scholarship for International Students.
- Qatar University Scholarships for National and Foreign Students.
- UN Fellowship for People of African Descent;
- Canada-CARICOM Scholarship for International Students;
- NMG-NJUST Joint Scholarship for International Students;
How to Apply for the Astronomy and Astrophysics Competition
Interested applicant who would like to apply for the Astronomy and Astrophysics Competition must download the IAAC Qualification Round 2020 questions, solve the five astronomy problems and submit the solution using the apply button below.
You have to score at least 15 points (junior, under 18 years) or 20 points (youth, over 18 years) to qualify for the pre-final round. The deadline for the qualification round has been extended to . For more details on the International Astronomy and Astrophysics Competition, please visit the official page. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.