Application call for the Indian Government ICCR Africa Scholarship program is now open. The program is intended for African students and scholars interested in attending higher education courses in India. The scholarship is available for Undergraduate, Master’s, PhD and Postdoctoral level studies at Indian universities and higher education institutes.
The Government of India’s initiative to enhance the academic opportunities for African students in India, by increasing the number of scholarships haves been announced at the inaugural plenary of the India – Africa Forum Summit held in New Delhi in April 2008, by the Honorable Prime Minister of India. Candidate will apply to study in their chosen fields at higher educational institutions in India.
- Field of study and Host Institutions: Courses and programs available at universities listed on the Scholarship Portal except the Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS), Bachelor of Medicine Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS), Doctor of Medicine (MD), Master of Surgery(MS).
- Number of Awards: 900.
- Duration: Candidate’s program duration.
- Target group: The scholarship is open for citizens of following African countries: Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo (Republic of the Congo), Côte d’Ivoire, Djibouti, DR Congo (Democratic Republic of the Congo), Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, São Tomé & Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
Indian Government ICCR Africa Scholarship Benefits
Selected applicants for the Indian Government ICCR Africa Scholarship will be provided with the following Benefits depending on their situation:
- Health insurance;
- Tuition fee waiver;
- Air fare;
- Living allowances (Indian currency):
Indian Government ICCR Africa Scholarship Eligibility
To apply for the Indian Government ICCR scholarship, applicants must have the following profile:
- be a citizen of a country on the above list.
- Medium of instruction is English in all the Universities in India. Applicants should therefore have good knowledge of English to the extent that they are able to fluently speak in English and comprehend lessons in English without any difficulty.
- IsDB Turkish Government Scholarship;
- Austrian Government Scholarships for International Students;
- Government of Romania Scholarship;
- Mohamed Bin Zayed University Scholarship in Artificial Intelligence;
- Australia Awards Scholarships for Development.
Interested applicants must click on the apply button below to access the A2A ICCR Scholarship Portal, follow instructions to apply and submit the form.
- Applications should be complete in every detail to avoid rejection of the same by the A2A portal.
- Upload English certified copies of documents available in languages other than English.
- Applicants applying for M. Phil /doctoral courses should submit a synopsis along with the application.
- Applicants wishing to pursue performing arts course should upload the latest Video/Audio/YouTube link of their performance.
- Students who are already studying in India will have to apply afresh through A2A portal, as no physical application will be processed.
- Applicants must read instructions, detailed application guidelines, procedure and norms governing the ICCR Scholarships on the A2A Portal before applying.
- In order to pursue studies in engineering, science streams in India, students should have studied Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry in high school. In biology-based science subjects, students should have studied Biology, Physics and Chemistry in high school. In order to avoid rejection from Universities/ Colleges, applicants are therefore advised to make their subject choices carefully and based on the subjects they have studied in high school.
- To avoid time delays in processing applications, in case the course desired by an applicant is not available in a particular university, it’s advised to check universities’ website in advance for course availability. Universities list is given on the A2A Portal
- Applicants are advised to read all the instructions on the online portal for filling the online application and leave no field blank.
The application deadline is . For more detail on the Indian Government ICCR Africa Scholarship for African students, please visit the official page. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.