Applications are now open for the Idex scholarships at Université Grenoble Alpes to study in France. The initiative of excellence (Idex) Université Grenoble Alpes is opening the 2022 Master Scholarship program. The program is open to foreign students (i.e. students currently enrolled in a University outside France) who apply to one of the Master’s or Engineer Schools offered by certain academic divisions of Université Grenoble Alpes.
This scholarship program to study in Europe aims to attract outstanding international students for studies at the university. The scholarship program is open to candidates of all nationalities and can provide up to 8,000 euros for one academic year (2 semesters). Applicants can either apply to the first year or to the second year of a Master’s. The selection of the candidates will take into account their academic records.
Founded in 1339, The Université Grenoble Alpes (UGA – “Grenoble Alps University”) is a public research university in Grenoble, France. It is the third-largest university in France with about 60,000 students and over 3,000 researchers. Listed among the best and most innovative universities in Europe, this university is well known for its research and education in the natural sciences and engineering, linguistics, law, institutional economics, and psychology.
The city of Grenoble is one of the largest scientific centers in Europe, hosting facilities of every existing public research institution in France. This allows UGA to have hundreds of research and teaching partnerships, including close collaboration with the French National Centre for Scientific Research (CNRS) and the French Alternative Energies and Atomic Energy Commission (CEA).
- Host institution: Université Grenoble Alpes (UGA) in France.
- Fields of study: Please see list below.
- Number of scholarships: Not Specified.
- Duration: One year.
- Target Group: open to international students (i.e. students currently enrolled in a University outside France).
Idex scholarships at Université Grenoble Alpes Benefits
This scholarship program to help study in France is 8,000 euros for one academic year (2 semesters). If one of the two semesters is dedicated to an internship, the amount of the scholarship is reduced to 5,000 euros. The scholarship is only given for one year and laureates will have to apply again for the second year of a master’s (the academic year 2023 – 2024).
This scholarship program is open for candidates who apply to one of the Masters or Engineer Schools offered by the following academic divisions of Université Grenoble Alpes:
- École nationale supérieure d’architecture de Grenoble (ENSAG).
- Faculty of Science.
- Faculty of Humanities, Health, Sport and Societies.
- Grenoble INP.
- Sciences Po Grenoble.
- And by the three academic units (Alpine Geography and Urban Planning Institute, Grenoble Law School and Grenoble Economics Department).
Idex scholarships at Université Grenoble Alpes Eligibility
To be considered for this scholarship to Study in France, candidates must satisfy the following criteria.
- be foreign students (i.e. students currently enrolled in a University outside France);
- hold an Undergraduate degree diploma;
- Satisfy any other requirements of their chosen program. Please contact the university for more details
- Douglas College Scholarships for International Students.
- Skoltech Scholarship in Russia for Local and International Students;
- Heinrich Böll Foundation scholarships in Germany.
How to Apply for the Idex scholarships at Université Grenoble Alpes
Those who wish to apply for this scholarship to study in Europe must follow the steps below and apply before the deadline:
- The student must first apply to one of the Masters offered by the above-mentioned academic institutions. The application must be for the 2022-2023 academic year. Note that each Master has its own deadline for application. Please contact the university for detailed information on admission process;
- The University will select the students for the Idex scholarship;
- The results for the Master Scholarships will be sent shortly after the admission results for the Master to which the student applied.
To be considered for the Idex scholarships at Université Grenoble Alpes, you apply for an eligible master program by . To know more about this university scholarship program, please visit the official page. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.