Application for the Global Intern Program (GIP) is now open. The Global Internship Program is for those who would like to experience the unique research environment and opportunities available at the Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology (GIST) in South Korea.
The Global Intern Program is available for Undergraduate and Master’s Degree Students. GIP offers a wonderful opportunity to experience research at GIST by having you join a research lab for eight-weeks during the summer to receive valuable training and mentoring from the lab’s professor.
The internship program will last for 8 Weeks and is designed to provide knowledge and skills in a wide range of research Field such as , Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, Materials Science and Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics and Chemistry, Life Sciences etc.
- Host Institution: The Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology (GIST), South Korea.
- Eligible Research Fields: available programs at the School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, the School of Materials Science and Engineering, the School of Mechanical Engineering, the School of Earth Sciences and Environmental Engineering, the School of Life Sciences, the School of Physics and Chemistry, the Department of Biomedical Science and Engineering and the Institute of Integrated Technology.
- Number of Awards: Not specified.
- Duration: 8 weeks.
- Target Group: Open for all nationalities.
Global Intern Program Benefits
Selected candidates for this Internship Program in Asia will have the following benefits:
- Half of Round-trip Airfare
- Dormitory Accommodation
- Korean Language Class
- Cultural Class
- Special Lectures
- Health Insurance
- Culture Exploration
Global Intern Program Eligibility
To take part in the Global Internship Program, candidates must be an International Undergraduate Seniors or Master’s Degree students and have a GPA of 3.0 or above
Eligible applicants who would like to apply for the Internship Program must follow steps below:
- Click on the apply button below. A page will open;
- On that page, please click on the apply button (in blue color) to create an account with your email address;
- Complete the online application form and upload required documents.
- Original (Official) Degree Certificates (ex. Diploma, Certificate of Enrollment/Graduation, etc.)
- Original (Official) Transcripts; All in English
- Letter of Recommendation
- English Language Proficiency Test Result (or certificate stating the language/medium of instruction is English)
Applicants must make sure to press the “Submit” button after completing their applications. (Application may not be revised once it is submitted).
Applicants should indicate two preferred laboratories in the application form and upload research plan. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Deadline for submitting your application is . For more information about the Global Intern Program, please visit the official page. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.