The Estonian government has established the Estonian national scholarship programme for international students, researchers and academic staff. The allowances for Master and Doctoral study are intended to support the degree study of international students at the Estonian institutions of higher education (HEI).
Field of study and Host Institutions:
At PhD level, all fields are eligible while at master’s degree level, the scholarship can only be applied for fields that are related to Estonian languageand culture.
- University of Tartu
- Tallinn University of Technology
- Tallinn University
- Estonian Business School
- Estonian Academy of Theatre and Music
- Estonian Academy of Arts
- Estonian University of Life Sciences
Number of Awards:
Open to graduated students and students of the following countries.
Group A countries:
1. The People’s Republic of China, 2. Israel, 3. Greece, 4. Poland, 5. Czech Republic, 6. Turkey.
Group B countries:
1. United States of America, 2. Armenia, 3. Azerbaijan, 4. Belgium, 5. Brazil, 6. Bulgaria, 7. Egypt, 8. Philippines, 9. Georgia, 10. Spain, 11. Croatia, 12. India, 13. Indonesia, 14. Italy, 15. Canada, 16. Kazakhstan, 17. The Republic of Korea, 18. Cyprus, 19. Lithuania, 20. Latvia, 21. Mexico, 22. Moldova, 23. Portugal, 24. France, 25. Germany, 26. Slovenia, 27. Finland, 28. Sri Lanka, 29. United Kingdom, 30. Thailand, 31. Tunisia, 32. Ukraine, 33. Hungary, 34. Russia, 35. Vietnam.
Allowance amount of 660 EUR per month for PhD students and an
Allowance amount of 350 EUR per month for Master’s students.
- The scholarship supports foreign students in their studies at the Estonian higher education institutions
- The scholarship supports master’s and PhD studies in all fields.
- At master’s degree level, the scholarship can only be applied for fields that are related to Estonian languageand culture.
- Applications are accepted from students from countries who are the citizens of one of the countries listed above or whose home university is located in one of those countries.
- In case of equal applications, applications from the group A countries listed in Annex 1 are preferred in the first order.
- The application period for 2019 is April 1st – May 1st.
- application form and motivation letter through online application system
- confirmation of admission from the higher education institution in Estonia or confirmation of submission of required admission documents;
- copy of passport or ID-card;
- All documents should be in English or Estonian.
- The entrance to the institution of higher education is separate from the application for the scholarship.
- The decision to award scholarship for the applicant does not guarantee his/her admittance to the HEI.
- The applicant should submit the required documents to the HEI according to the entrance requirements of the institution of higher education.
- The decision on admittance to the institution of higher education should be adopted before the payment of scholarship.