Applications are now opened for the CAORC NEH Senior Research Fellowship Programme. The National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH) Senior Research Fellowship supports advanced research in the humanities.
Fellowship awards are for four to six consecutive months (i.e. you can hold the fellowship for four, five, or six consecutive months). CAORC Stands for the Council of American Overseas Research Centers.
- Host Institutions: Applicants must propose four consecutive months of research in an American overseas research center in one of the following countries: Algeria, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Cambodia, Cyprus, Georgia, Indonesia, Mexico, Mongolia, Morocco, Myanmar (Burma), Nepal, Senegal, Sri Lanka or Tunisia.
- Fields of Study: Fields of study include, but are not limited to, history, philosophy, religious studies, literature, literary criticism, and visual and performing arts. In addition, research that embraces a humanistic approach and methods will be considered.
- Number of places: Not specified.
- Duration: Four to six consecutive months between the period of May 2021 to November 2022.
- Target group: Open to U.S. citizens or foreign nationals who have resided in the U.S. for three years prior to the application deadline.
CAORC NEH Senior Research Fellowship Benefits
Selected fellows will for the NEH Senior Research Fellowship will receive an amount of $5,000 per month, over the period of the award.
CAORC NEH Senior Research Fellowship Eligibility
Application for the Fellowship is open for candidates, who meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens or foreign nationals who have resided in the U.S. for three years prior to the application deadline. If you are a U.S. citizen living outside the U.S., you are still eligible to apply.
- Applicants must hold a PhD.
- Funding is not available for research conducted in the U.S.
- It is not required that you be affiliated with a U.S. academic institution to apply.
- Minority scholars and scholars from Minority Serving Institutions are strongly encouraged to apply.
- DAAD University Summer Courses in Germany for All;
- University of Toronto International Students Scholarship;
- Turkish Government Research Scholarship;
- Université de Montréal International Student Scholarship;
- Brazilian Government Scholarship Programme for Developing Countries;
- Government of the Czech Republic Scholarships (Master – PhD);
- Emile-Boutmy Scholarship at Sciences Po for international students.
Interested applicants who would like to apply for the CAORC NEH Senior Research Fellowship must submit their application, using the apply button below. You must sign up for an account to access the application materials. This will allow you to save and return to your application before submitting. Please save your login/password information for future applications.
- Project Description: In 1500 words or less, please describe the nature of your proposed project and your competence to carry out the required research.
- Project Bibliography/Literature Review: You must submit a one-page bibliography or literature review outlining your project resources.
- Letters of Recommendation: You must have two (2) letters of recommendation.
- Curriculum Vitae: Three (3) pages maximum.
If you have questions, please email them to: email@example.com
The application deadline is at 5:00pm EST. Applicants are advised to submit applications well before the deadline in case applicants have questions for the CAORC main office. For more detail on the CAORC NEH Senior Research Fellowship, please visit the official page. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.