The Australia Awards Scholarships are prestigious international scholarships offering the next generation of global leaders an opportunity to undertake study, research and professional development in Australia. Australia Awards Scholarships, funded by the Australian Government’s Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, address the development needs of Australia’s partner countries, as well as strengthening links between people and organisations.
Master’s level scholarships are offered to eligible outstanding professionals from civil society, private and public sectors, who on completion of their studies are expected to return to their home country to drive change and contribute to development.
The postgraduate study opportunity provided by Australia Awards Scholarships, undertaken in Australia, provides high-quality education and training to talented Africans in specified sectors, in which Australia is recognised as having world-class expertise and experience.
- Host Institutions: Australian universities.
- Number of awards: Not specified.
- Duration: Duration of candidate’s programme.
- Target group: Open to citizens of the following countries: Botswana, Ghana, Kenya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Nigeria, South Africa, Tanzania, Zambia.
Australia Awards Scholarships Benefits
The Australia Awards Scholarships will provide successful applicants with the followings:
- Australian educational experience
- Fully paid tuition fees
- Fully paid economy class flight to and from Australia
- Fully paid visa expenses
- Overseas Student Health Cover, for basic medical costs
- A contribution to living expenses
- Adjustment support for women and people with disabilities, if required
- Supplementary academic support if required, to improve a student’s performance
- The opportunity to develop and maintain global links with Australians and other international students
- The opportunity to join a prestigious alumni network after the scholarship
Australia Awards Scholarships Eligibility
To qualify for the Australia Awards Scholarships, candidates must meet all the following requirements:
- Your minimum academic qualification is at least a four year bachelor’s degree or equivalent (as indicated in the relevant country’s requirements)
- You are a mid-career professional, currently employed in a relevant field and sector
- You meet relevant postgraduate work experience requirements (as indicated in the relevant country’s eligibility criteria)
- You can demonstrate a clear vision of how the knowledge and skills that you will gain will be used to drive policy reform and improve practice in your home country
- Your English proficiency is sufficient to enable full participation in a training course delivered in English. (Applicants from Madagascar and Mozambique may be supported to reach a satisfactory English proficiency level)
- You meet all the requirements of the Australian Government for the appropriate student visa (subclass 500).
Please click Here and follow instructions to apply. Eligible people with disabilities, are encouraged to apply for a scholarship and disclose the nature of their impairment. Having a disability will not disadvantage individuals in the selection process. Applications will be equitably considered, and reasonable accommodation made, to ensure equal participation and access.
All eligible individuals, including those who are HIV-positive or living with other chronic illnesses, can apply for a scholarship. Disclosure is encouraged to facilitate the development of a support plan. The programme’s deadline is December 06, 2019. For more detail on the Australia Awards Scholarships, please visit the official page.